Everything you need to manage your websites
This is a collection of useful webmaster tools
including keyword suggestion tools, web analytics software, web browsers, and more.
Choosing Keywords | Keyword Suggestion Tools
Research which Keywords users are typing into the Search Engines.
Choosing the right search engine keywords is critical to generating organic search engine traffic. What I've personally learned from over 10 years of web experience is that you need to design websites with the end user in mind. Search engines have become the modern day yellow pages so in order to capture that traffic you'll need to know how users search for your products or services. Use our resources for choosing keywords to research which keywords users are searching on.
Search Engine Ranking Tools | Keyword Ranking Tools
Use these Web Tools to Research Search Engine Keyword Rankings
- Search Engine Placement Check - Search Engine Verification Tool. Verify your keyword placement on the Internet's Top Search Engines.
- Keyword Tracking Tool - Search Engine Keyword Tracker & Keyword Ranking Tool. Use this web tool to track your keyword rankings over time. You'll need to create a Google Account to use this web tool since it uses Google's Web API service to track Google rankings. Your license code is good for 1,000 automated Google queries per day.
Link Popularity Checkers | Back Links Tools
Check Link Popularity with these free link popularity tools. Improve Link Popularity
- Link Popularity Check - Determine the link popularity of any URL. This aggregate web tool will tell you how many links point to any URL (back links) in each of the major search engines. Helpful in quantifying reciprocal links and one-way links.
- Link Popularity Checker - Determine the number of back links for any given URL. One of the factors used to determine Google Page Rank (PR).
- You can check back links yourself on each search engine using the following syntax. The proper way to query back link numbers is through the search engine's respective API. Search engine API information can be found above under the headline Search Engine Ranking Tools. Also note that Yahoo usually reports the highest number of back links. Google usually does not report all of your backlinks.
(68,700,000 Google back links as of 6/13/2005; 288,659,936 as of 3/8/2009)
(3,460,000 Google back links as of 6/13/2005; 559,000 as of 3/8/2009)
Note: The Google back link count is under reported. You should use Yahoo! Search for a more accurate number.
- MSN Search:
(28,846,681 Google back links as of 6/13/2005; 0 as of 3/8/2009 see note...)
Note: It appears that Microsoft has deprecated the use of the linkdomain: command. Read the official reason why Microsoft disabled the linkdomain command.
Link checkers will automatically crawl through your website checking for broken links
- Online Link Checker - Free Link Checker for checking links online. The link checker only requests the HEAD of your web page and pauses 1 second between document requests. Obeys robots.txt.
HTML Markup Validation
Check your html code for valid formatting
- HTML Markup Validator - Free HTML Validation Service. Check HTML Code for conformance to W3C.
- CSS Validator - Free CSS Validation Service. Check Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for conformance to W3C.
Effectively analyze your web site traffic
- Web Analytics - A complete list of web analytics solutions and web log file analyzers.
Free Web Browser Downloads
- Internet Explorer - Free download of Internet Explorer browser.
- Firefox - Download the popular Mozilla Firefox Browser.
- Google Chrome - Download Google Chrome, the latest web browser from Google.
- Safari - Free Safari Browser Download for MAC and Windows users.
- Opera Browser - Free Opera Browser Download.
- Java Download - The Internet Explorer installation does not install the Java Virtual Machine. Get the free Java download which includes the Java Virtual Machine.
- Lynx - Lynx is a free Text Browser for the World Wide Web. Useful browser to view what a Search Engine Bot sees when crawling the web. No style sheets or images are viewable and all text is in the same font size and color. Hidden text and small text is viewable.